Feb 28, 2013

Next In Show Exclusive Interview With @RickieJacobs [READ]



Born and raised in Baltimore, Rickie Jacobs was destined to be a star. His family including 'Air Jacobs' father were musicians. 

"Ironically enough, I wasn't into music early on, but started getting more involved as I got older. My older sister was a fan of the Wu Tang Clan, Snoop Dogg, Redman, and Nas so majority of the time I was listening to what she was playing. I was a bigger Snoop fan growing up though. He made me want to take a trip to California, the sounds were different and made me curious about the west coast." 

Artists and rappers inparticular always seem to be trying to outdo each other. I was curious as to if Rickie felt he was in competition with anyone. 


"Not really, I mean there are others I respect but never did I felt like I had to compete for the simple fact people are going to like who they can relate to regardless. If I get to that point where I have to compete is I should just give up, I just don't want to lose focus on what I'm good at."

Jacobs most notable mixtape Live Epic released in May of last year and still hasn't received the recognition and praise that it deserves. How does an artist, such as Rickie Jacobs maintain his originality. 

"Live Epic was a special project to me. My method is based on feelings, I never go into the studio just to make a song or I never approach a beat like I just got to make a record unless the time is right, and that's why I have such huge gaps between my projects. Me, personally, nothing is original but it can be revised. I just live man, that's what you hear in my music... that Rickie Jacobs is a man who lived, learn and is still living and learning."

Everyone has different interests and talents. What does Rickie Jacobs do when he's not making music? 


"Online shopping hahaha, I am not considered a sneaker head but I love tennis shoes with a passion, all Nike brand though."

A new project by Rickie is releasing on March 4th called Songs For High School Kids. This marks his seventh studio album and is sure to be filled with fresh Air Jacobs hits. People involved in the project include Rickies righthand female producer CXC, at a young 16 years of age from the Netherlands. Also another female producer who goes by Keishh has some production. He says he tries to keep it in the family. Besides that Jacobs kept the features to a minimum really only reaching out to other Baltimore artists. Rickie Jacobs promises Songs For High School Kids will be better than Live Epic.

"It has a more cinematic feel to it."

There is no turning back now. Rickie Jacobs is continuing to progress in his career. What might you as is his main goal of 2013?


"My main mission is to do everything I did in 2012 times a million, sounds a bit cliche but I'm serious man. I feel like this project is the one, I never felt this confident. I still have a lot to prove and that keeps me grounded, but turning people into fans is one of my goals among other things. I have a lot of music to share! Believe that!"

Trust me when i say @RickieJacobs is Next In Show.

0 COMMENT NOW OK!: