Dec 5, 2012

Next In Show Presents An Exclusive Interview With Ca$his [READ]


At one point in time Shady Records was on top of the music industry food chain as one of the strongest record labels alive. Leader and artist himself Marshall Mathers had a strong lineup, which included rappers from all of the nation. Los Angeles needed a voice and Carson's own Ca$his was their savior. He came out strong, but soon he would face serious life experiences that would change things forever. 2009 Ca$his debut album gets shelved and he drops off the map. What happend? Read below. All I can say is there is a happy ending and it includes Ca$his debut album The Art Of Dying finally releasing this past Halloween 2012. 

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube



Next In Show x Ca$his Interview

Where did you grow up?
Chicago Illinois, Southside

When did you first get involved in music?
When I came to California.  I was 17, and really was a just a dope freestyler. That was claim to fame for the early stage of my career. Winning battles in LA. Battling anybody anywhere and winning. It was the rush of spitten non written rhymes for long periods of time.

Who or what inspires you to create music?
The beats. Whenever I hear a dope beat, I'm instantly inspired. And now that I do this professionally, when I get paid. Features come in all the time, and I love to make money, so I just go in and kill every one I get. But, when its not feature wise, its always the beat. And if I'm angry, it works well. Just to vent. That's when you hear my more aggressive songs. I like that side of me alot. I'ma thinker, so I have alot to speak on, and i'm generally a quiet person. But on wax, I can just let it all go.

What music did you listen to growing up?

 I grew up on Pac, Wu Tang, Snoop, The Dogg Pound, Twista, No Limit and Ca$h Money 

Earlier in your career you were signed to Shady Records. How did you first meet Marshall Mather's?
I met him in LA, when he came out to visit and had me come up to the place he had out here. It was after he heard my demo.

What made him sign you? 
He loved my aggressive flow, and the fact that I was lyrical, but with a rough edge to it. 

What was the first major purchase you made when you got the deal?
I bought a house and a new truck on the same day...

In 2009 you were set to release your debut project. What was the main reason the album was shelved?
It was a change going on at the label and just within me personally. That album is crazy tho.

From there you took some time off. What happened? Did you put music on hold?
Yeah, I took a break from music, and got back into hustling, I didn't really have a direction in life at that point. I had to sober up and really see where I was going vs where I wanted to be, short term and long term.

Now October 30 2012 came and you got to release the unshelved album Art Of Dying. How does it feel to finally have it out?
I love it! To have a full length Cd that represents me at this point in my life. I'm very proud of it. 

Did Shady Records own the rights to the album?
How did you break that contract? Nah, they were way cool with me. I didn't use the other songs from the original album tho. Just because times have changed musically and I wanted to represent me today, not me in the past.

Did Eminem have any involvement on The Art Of Dying?
He produced one track on there. On the deluxe edition, called Think that Im Crazy.

If you had to pick one record from the album, which would be your favorite?
Stunna

What does your deal situation look like now?
I'm signed to Bogish Brand Ent, who is under RBC and distributed by E1

What music are you currently listening to?
I stay working, so I only really listen to my new tunes and The Art of Dying is on repeat in my cars. But, when I go out, or am at a show or something, I hear a little bit of whats out now. I like DMX, 2 Chainz and a few other artists out there. but I only hear a little here and there.

Euthenasia is your next project you are releasing. What is the concept of that album?
The concept is Beginning to End story of a life that ends on its own term. A deep, realistic project, with true lyrics. I'm putting a lot into this project.

Will it be a studio release?
Most Definitely

What can we look for next?
Dope Freestyles and more promotion of The Art Of Dying. Videos, and shows in a city near you...everywhere.

What advice can you give to anyone pursuing their dreams? 
Don't stop, even when it's at its roughest, when you persevere, you will be on top of your game. The light is brighter in the dark, than it is on a sunny day. Stay true tou you and your craft...

0 COMMENT NOW OK!: