Sep 13, 2012

Next In Show Presents Mr. Little Jeans Interview [READ]


I became familiar with this up and coming artist over the summer, where I saw her perform a special DJ set at the legendary Amoeba Records in Los Angeles. Mr. Little Jeans comes all the way from Norway, full of life experience and fresh creativity. While Little Jeans spins a madd DJ set, she also has the vocals of an angel. Catch Mr. Little Jeans at pop up shows and festivals. Get familiar with her sound by listening to her SoundCloud page. Understand her movement by reading our exclusive interview with Mr. Little Jeans below.



Exclusive Interview 
Mr. Little Jeans

How did you get into music and dj'ing?

I got into music by constantly letting anyone I met know that that's what I wanted to do & grabbing every opportunity that came along. I met musicians, producers & managers that way, but it took a long time to find the right people. Along with the live shows I've been getting requests to DJ & think it's a great way to share some of my favorite music with the rest of the world.

Where did you grow up?

In Grimstad, a small seaside town in the south of Norway.

What was the music scene like there? 

I think music is a very natural thing to most scandinavians. It's very present in our culture & throughout the school system. Most people have the opportunity to join a choir or a band or do some form of musical activity growing up and I think it's resulted in a high level of musicianship. There's even lot's of talented musicians just in the small town that I'm from.

What hobbies do you have when your not performing?

I like to make cake-pops, do yoga, play Yahtzee & tie knots.

Who or what influenced you to pursue a career as an artist?


I just always had that desire to make music & perform in me. I didn't know anyone growing up doing exactly what I do, so I had no idea how to go about. It took me long time to figure it out, but I did it eventually.

Can you explain your journey and how you ended up in California?

Well it's a long one, but I'll try to take the quick version. I grew up in Norway, moved to London as soon as I was done with school, went to drama & dance college there, then worked as a waitress while hustling to the best of my ability. Tried different things, joined some bands, wrote with different people & I eventually got myself a manager who knew what he was doing. He was able to put me touch with the right kinda producers and it grew quickly from there. We went by stockholm to LA, and that's where I've ended up, which I'm very happy about!

Who or what is ONTD? 

Ha ha, it's a silly gossip site keeping me up to date with Britney's latest escapades and the likes!

What music were you listening to earlier today?

TLC's greatest hits. It's classic!

I notice you have been performing heavily this summer. What is that like?

It's been daunting & and I still don't feel used to it, but I've also been able to meet the people out there listening to my music which is a whole new experience. 

You recently performed at the Pacific Festival. We're you able to handle the ridiculously hot weather when you went on that afternoon?

Yes! The weather was perfect. I was worried I might end up in a pool of my own sweat on stage, but it's by the water so there was this nice breeze. I even went swimming before the show, which is a rare treat.

One of the hottest tracks came from you called Runaway. Does that record have any special meaning to you?

All my songs have their own special meaning to me. I just hope that people are able to relate in their own way.

How does it feel to have your song remixed by the likes of Fools Gold and WAVVES?

 It's great, I love both of those bands & it's always refreshing to hear a different take on one of my songs.

Your very beautiful. Have you ever modeled or acted(not a pick up line)?

Ha ha, sure that's not a pick up line? Thank you & no I have never modeled. I'll tell my mum you asked that, she'll be pleased. I went to drama school though & quite enjoy acting, but have never pursued it. 

What projects are you working on at the moment?

Right now I'm working on doing a music video for the next single 'Oh Sailor' & doing a shoot for the album cover in between live shows.

Do you currently have a deal with any labels?

I do in Australia! But I'd like some more around the World, seems like it's in the works of happening.

I know it's early but what are some of your New Years goals?

Like new years resolutions? I've never done that really. I try to keep em' coming throughout the year, improving on things here and there. A long term goal would be to finally dare to drive in LA. Even though I have my drivers license, it's extremely daunting to me coming from a small town in Norway.

Do you believe hard work pays off?

I think sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Life doesn't seem to be fair like that. All you can do is try, and I try to give it my best shot every time. You're definitely much more likely to succeed if you work hard at it, so to me it's the only option.

Mr. Little Jeans your Next In Show!

0 COMMENT NOW OK!: