Apr 19, 2012

Next In Show Presents An Exclusive Interview With Cjhrtbrkr


Earlier this year I met a singer/model/personality that goes by the stage name Cjhrtbrkr. She is fairly new to the performing, but will be a veteran by the end of the year. The host of her own radio show, she knows a thing or two about music and is a character to listen to. This Canadian from Windsor, Ontario is ready to take on the world and Next In Show is proud to be her first interview. Read below to find out the complexion of Christina aka Cjhrtbrkr.



Facebook
Twitter
Blog


Next In Show Presents Cjhrtbrkr 


Living in Ontario Canada, what is the music scene like over there?

Well, we're kind of lucky because we have a whole bunch of bars that many indi bands to go play at, but then, at the same time we've had some World named DJS (Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Deep Dish) at the clubs here and also hip hop artists like Royce da 59, 36 Mafia, Drizzy come through showing my city Windsor LOVE...The Caesars Palace here too, so big things are always poppin' . See how I'm avoiding the real question here? haha Although Windsor's music scene is kind of small , we're all kinda out here trying to make it a difference but  I'm really trying lol
The support for Hip Hop music in Windsor is like the support for the Detroit Lions Footbal team..The people here are going to be there for you when you're doing good! S/O to the few holding it down from the get go... Much love! 

Does music run in your family?

Yes, it does actually! My cousin MIKE J, he is from Windsor, Ontario and has been doing music for about 9-10 years now. I've been to a million of his shows until I started performing at them this year. He's done tracks with Bizarre from D12, MC HUSH and opened a few big shows here for Carl Wolf and Choclair. Then there's my cousin Jimmy, he's been rapping about some real SH*T and will be out with his tracks soon. I also have a 3rd cousin named Christine, but she's actually my 3rd cousin because the other two are my 1st. LOL Anyways, she went to Lebanon and tried out for a show over there; similar to American Idol but it's called, "Star Academy" and she did well on that.
Anyone else?? No, I don't think so! 

I have listened in on the radio show you host and I have to say, you're as funny as you are beautiful. How did the radio show come about?

Aww, thank you! :) hehe *school girl laugh* Well, Needle and I officially met over the summer before a 36 Mafia concert and I had tennis raquettes in the back of my car and he wanted to take them and play tennis in the parking lot and I said " Hell No!" because I thought it was a dangerous idea, lolololol, we networked from there, we spoke, met, I did a few events with him here in Windsor and then he asked me to be his co host on the radio show, I said "sure", then we did the show together for about 4 months then I took the last 2 months off from the show because of school and now I'm just checking out some new opportunities and going with the flow. Will I go back to the radio anytime soon? I don't have a clue.

Besides perfecting your craft, who else do you listen to?

Honestly, I go on this website jango.com and I let the music play. I love everything, especially songs with meaningful lyrics (R.I.P Whitney Houston). I can listen to country, house, pop, rock, you name it... I'm into it. I listen to the radio alot too! Alot of people I'm around are always surprised about how many songs I know. But on the real deal when I'm in my car, I'm bumping Hip Hop and R&B You ready for the list? Pretty much everybody in the ENTIRE Game. They all have great records that I listen to... BUT... I have to admit that I listen to alot of Drake. He is everywhere. All his songs [to me] are relatable and catchy. That's our Boy in Canada. OVOXO
My fav tune right now that I hear in my car is by Beyonce-Dance 4 U

but anyways Here's the list. I'll be missing some but ...OK... 

Eminem, Kanye (one of my biggest influences), Jay Z, JCole, Wale, Wiz Khalifa, Luda, Gucci, Big Sean, Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Snoop Dog, Usher, Miguel, Chris Brown, Frank Ocean, Sean Paul, Busta, Twista, T.I., FloRida, Fat Joe, Puff Daddy, Beyonce, JLO, GAGA, Nicki, Rihanna, Kelly Rowland, Keri Hilson...   and even now I still listen to alot of Old School Hip Hop and R&BAaliyah, Mary J, Missy Elliott, Lauren Hill, B.I.G, and Tu Pac but I will tell you who is really doing their thing...MADONNA! She's still killin it and she's my mom's age too...Damn

But truly, I listen to everybody. I'm more into the lyrics than anything.

They call you CJ the Heartbreaker. How many hearts have you broken?

Im pretty sure they are doing great though, have girlfriends and some maybe even kids now, haha  but let me tell you... What goes around comes around! I seen this question coming... LOL I'm sure I've broken a few hearts in my day only  because I was not ready to be in love! What can ya do?  So the name CJ Heartbreaker comes from hearts I've "broken" and the ones who broke mine. It only makes sense and when you get to hear #Burnafterhearing, there will be a better understanding of who I am as an artist. 


In my opinion before Drake, Canada wasn't really relevant in the music scene. Who are some og canadians that should be in everyone's playlist?

Drizzy, holds it down for Canada, eh?  But there are alot of artist in different genres doing their thing from Canada.
isn't famous at all, I don't even #beliber I know who that is!... Jokes* but don't forget about Celine Dion, Chantal Kreviazuk, Alanis Morissette, Our Lady of Peace, Neverending White Lights, Dallas Green from Alexis on Fire, Avril, Metric, Feist, Lights, Swollen Members, Karl Wolf, Kardinal Offishall. I'm probably missing so many more... But that's only just a few names of Canadian Artist that have done well for themselves in my opinion. Research some :) Oh wait, can't forget about Nickleback (and I think they have awesome music videos concepts  #justsaying )
Nelly Furtado just came out with a new song #biggerisbetter. She's def an OG. The Weeknd gets love all over the map. Justin Bieber  

You always step out of the box with fashion. Where does your inspiration come from?

I feel like my fashion comes out 3-6 months earlier than the trend comes out, it's true though and the same goes for my hair cuts, lol. I just do what I want, wear what I want, because all I know is that it's an expression of myself and how I'm feeling at that given moment. Honestly, I change clothes sometimes 2-3 times depending on the day. I have 3 types of clothes. 1. Gym clothes 2. Black clothes for work 3. Attitude clothes that show my personality when I go out. I'll add that, I really enjoy art, design and any form of expression, which makes sense why fashion and music  are definietly a good combo. So to answer your question, my inspiration comes from within.

What music do you have on your iPod right now?

To tell you the truth. I listen to 90% instrumentals on my ipod. 
But if I were to take a shuffle through... I'd say Drake has the most songs, I listen to WTT, JCole, The Weeknd, Eminem and random oldie songs that I like. 

What can we look forward to for this summer from you?

My website up, Management, doing bigger shows and performing for more people.

What is the motto you live by?

Tomorrow is a new day! YOLO works too! LOL 






Thanks for your time CJ. Your Next In Show.





0 COMMENT NOW OK!: